Date of Last Revision: May 2020
BY REGISTERING FOR, ACCESSING, AND/OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE IN ANY MANNER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS, INCLUDING ANY FUTURE MODIFICATIONS, AND ALL POLICIES OF THE SITE ARE INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE – AND ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE – THE SITE.
Notwithstanding the above, if you have entered into an attorney-client relationship with Lexyom or any law firm/ lawyer affiliated with Lexyom pursuant to an executed engagement letter, the terms of that engagement letter will govern in the event of a conflict with these Terms.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED BY THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY APPLICABLE ADDITIONAL TERMS. YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY IN LEXYOM’S SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS OR ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON, OR NO REASON.
You are responsible for all compliance with laws and regulations which apply to you.
- Our products description. Lexyom is designed to enable users to have easier access to legal information, legal documents, contracts, company formation services through automated tools and to post details of matters in respect of which they require legal advice and/or assistance and receive responses from lawyers on the Site.
- You understand and agree that these Terms are entered into in consideration of your use of the Site and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged.
- Changes to these Terms. The Site is owned and operated by Lexyom. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms at any time and without prior notice to you other than by posting the revised Terms on the Site. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. The Terms will be identified as of the most recent date of revision. You should visit this page regularly to ensure your continued acceptance of these Terms. By using the Site after we have posted notice of such modifications, alterations or updates, you agree to be bound by such revised Terms.
- Age requirement. You represent that you are over the age of 18. Lexyom does not target our content to children or teenagers under 18, and we do not permit any Users under 18 on our Site. If we learn of any User under the age of 18, we will terminate that User’s account immediately.
- REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD
When you register with or log into this Site, you will need to use an email and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses and activities that occur under your password, regardless of whether they are authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your registration or password. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from an unauthorized use of your registration or password.
- USER INFORMATION
Please be aware that we collect and process information about the device you use to access Lexyom to prevent fraud and you acknowledge that we may use third parties (and information they provide) to help us prevent fraud or unauthorized access to our Site. Fraudulent users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- PACKAGES AND PAYMENTS
By providing and authorizing payments with your payment method information through the Site, you represent, warrant, and covenants that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized to make payments using the payment method(s) provided; (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, that you are authorized by the company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Lexyom; and (d) such actions do not violate the terms and conditions applicable to your use of such payment method(s) or applicable law. When you authorize a payment via the Site, you represent and warrant that there are sufficient funds or credit available to complete the payment using the designated payment method. To the extent that any amounts owed under these Terms cannot be collected from your payment method(s), you are solely responsible for paying such amounts by other means.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your use of the Site. If you are less than satisfied or believe there has been an error in billing, please contact us by email at email@example.com immediately so that we can help you resolve the issue. We do not offer refunds for the services purchased through the Site.
- PROMOTIONAL CODES AND CREDITS
Lexyom may, in its sole discretion, create promotional codes that may be redeemed for account credit or other features or benefits related to a service, subject to the following terms and any additional terms that Lexyom established on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”):
- Use of Promo Codes does not imply an attorney-client relationship.
- Promo Codes must be used by their intended audience, for their intended purpose and in a lawful manner.
Promo Codes may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public unless expressly permitted by Lexyom. Promo Codes have no cash value and may expire or be disabled by Lexyom at any time, for any reason, prior to your use. Lexyom reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of Promo Codes by you or any other user in the event that Lexyom determines or believes that the use or redemption of the Promo Code was in error, fraudulent, illegal or in violation of the applicable Promo Code terms.
- OWNERSHIP AND PRESERVATION OF YOUR DOCUMENT
Lexyom does not claim ownership of any documents you either create or upload and store using our Site (“Documents“). You grant permission for Lexyom to use your Documents in connection with providing services to you.
You acknowledge and agree that Lexyom may preserve these Documents as well as disclose them if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to accomplish any of the following: (1) to comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (2) to enforce these Terms; (3) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (4) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Lexyom, its users and the public. You agree that Lexyom has no responsibility or liability for deleting or failing to store any content maintained or uploaded by the Site.
- CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAILS
By creating an account, you agree that you may receive communications from Lexyom, such as newsletters, special offers, and account reminders and updates. You also understand that you can remove yourself from these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the actual email.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site contains links or other connections to third party sites. The Company provides these links only as a convenience to you and does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the contents on such linked sites. Further, the Company is not responsible for any viruses’ accesses through said third-party. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Lexyom strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, Lexyom cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind Lexyom provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed lawyer within your jurisdiction.
The Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Company makes no representations about the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or any of its content or any material posted by users. The use of the Site and any reliance on material posted by other users is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time.
THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE INTERNET. HENCE, THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER (OR ANY SOFTWARES AND MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE) ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE SITE AND ANY OF ITS CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE (OR ANY LINKED SITES) AND THE MATERIAL OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IF THIS LIMITATION OR LIABILITY OR THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE COMPANY’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO USD 100 PER OCCURRENCE.
Whilst we take steps to prevent misuse of our systems, we cannot warrant that Lexyom will be free of viruses or other malicious code and accept no liability for loss or damage caused from the transmission of such code. We recommend that you always use up-to-date firewalls and anti-malware software to protect your equipment and data.
We provide a number of methods by which you can purchase legal services or have a direct, confidential discussion of your legal issues with a lawyer. Lexyom is not a law firm, and we do not provide any legal services or legal advice. Lexyom does not guarantee results. From time to time, Users may submit reviews on the Site; these reviews do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any future legal matter. Lexyom is not liable for the actions or omissions of any lawyer performing consulting services for you.
- NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
Content posted on the Site is not intended to be legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship between you and the Company. The legal information found on Lexyom is intended for general informational purposes only, should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephonic consultation with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely on such legal information. No recipient of content from this Site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the Site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient’s jurisdiction. Content is not a substitute for professional legal advice or a solicitation to offer legal advice regarding specific facts.
- NO CONFIDENTIALITY
Unless you are an existing client of Lexyom, you agree that any communications you initiate with Lexyom (including without limitation any lawyers or employees affiliated with Lexyom) through the Site (or otherwise, such as through email, telephone, voicemail, text message, direct message, or any other communication) will not be treated as confidential unless explicitly and specifically indicated otherwise. Unless you are an existing client of Lexyom, you should not communicate any information that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise sensitive, and Lexyom makes no guarantees or warranties with respect to the security, confidentiality, use, disclosure, or return of any information we receive.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
This Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to the Company. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms.
The Company authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. This license to use the Site and its material is not a sale of any of the owner’s rights. The Site may be used only by you, and you may not rent, lease, lend, sub-license or transfer the Site or any data residing on it or any of your rights under these Terms to anyone else. You may not develop or derive for commercial sale any data in machine-readable or other form that incorporates or uses any substantial part of the Site. You may not transfer to or store any data residing or exchanged over the Site to any electronic network for use by more than one user unless you obtain prior written permission from the Company.
You shall retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the Site on any copy you make of the Site’s content. Except as otherwise expressly provided, you shall not sell, modify, reproduce, copy, display, perform, distribute, transfer, use, publish, license or create derivate works from any content contained in the Site. The use of the Site’s content on any other Site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You shall not copy or adapt the coding that the Company creates to generate its pages.
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The Company does not have any express burden or responsibility to provide you with indications, markings or anything else that may aid you in determining whether the material in question is copyrighted or trademarked. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
The foregoing provisions apply equally to and are for the benefit of the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
- USER CONDUCT
You agree that you will not use the Site for any illegal purpose. In addition, you agree that:
- You will not harvest, collect or otherwise use contact information made available on the Site for the purpose of sending unsolicited improper communications, including without limitation, unsolicited bulk email (collectively, spam) and that you will not use any Lexyom communications facility to deliver or attempt to deliver spam.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, any related website, other accounts, computer system, or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- You will not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or access control technology implemented on the Site, or the servers and network associated with the Site.
- You will not use the Site in any manner designed to degrade the performance or functioning of the Site, including, without limitation, launching Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks against the Site.
While you use the Site, you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained through your use of the Site. In addition, whether or not you have a commercial purpose, you agree not to:
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without express written permission of Lexyom or deep-link to any feature or content on the Site;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in the discretion of Lexyom, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Lexyom infrastructure;
- deliver any unlawful (according to local or international law or regulation) postings to or through the Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, insulting, threatening, tortuous, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing material that harasses, victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals, including Lexyom employees, on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, false or libelous material;
- deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- deliver any posting to that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud another;
- restrict, discourage or inhibit any person from using the Site, disclose personal information about a third person on the Site or obtained from the Site without the consent of such person or collect information about Users;
- manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you deliver;
- use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of the Site or other users’ computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Site other than as intended by Lexyom;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses, names or personally identifiable information;
- reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, sell, trade, resell or exploit any portion of the Site, use of the Site, access to the Site or content obtained through the Site, for any purpose other than expressly permitted by these Terms; or
- assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
- TERMINATION AND EQUITABLE RELIEF
In the event of any breach by you of these Terms or if the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit, the Company may, at its sole discretion, pursue all of its legal remedies, including, but not limited to, deletion of your postings from the Site and/or immediate termination of your registration or ability to access the Site or any other service provided to you by the Company. The Company shall have the right to terminate your ability to access the Site at any time without notice and to discontinue or modify any of the information contained on the Site, or the Site itself, at any time. Given the nature of these Terms, you understand and agree that, in addition to money damages, the Company shall be entitled to equitable relief upon a breach of them by you.
- WAIVER, SEVERABILITY, AND ASSIGNMENT
Lexyom’s failure to enforce a provision of the terms shall not be considered a waiver of its right to do so later. If any provision of these terms is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the terms remain in full effect. The provisions of these Terms that are intended to survive the termination of these Terms by their nature will survive the termination of these Terms. You may not assign any of your rights under these terms, and any attempt to do so will be void. Lexyom may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the services that Lexyom provides.
- Validity of Terms and Conditions. A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You agree that the fact that these Terms are in electronic form does not affect in any way their validity or enforceability. You also agree that the clicking of the button “Accept” on the Site constitutes your valid and legal signature.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure in performance to the extent the delay or failure is caused by events beyond the party’s reasonable control, including, a significant failure of the Internet, fire, flood, acts of God, explosion, war or the engagement of hostilities, strike, embargo, labor dispute, government requirement, civil disturbances, or civil or military authority.
- No Agency. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Lexyom as a result of these Terms or use of the Site.
- The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- Dispute Resolution. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY, AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
We hope we never have a dispute, but if we do, you and we agree to try for 60 days to resolve it amicably. You may send us the details of your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if Lexyom is not able to informally resolve your complaint, you and Lexyom agree to individual binding arbitration before the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) and you and Lexyom agree that your dispute shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said rules.
You and Lexyom are each waiving the right to a trial by jury and the right to participate in a class or multi-party action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms and the termination of your Lexyom account.
YOU AND LEXYOM AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A CLASS MEMBER OR IN ANY REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR PROCEEDING. Further, no arbitrator shall consolidate any other person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a multi-party or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable in any way, then the entirety of this arbitration section shall be null and void. The arbitrator may not award declaratory or injunctive relief.
Any arbitration must be commenced by filing a demand for arbitration with the ICC within ONE (1) YEAR from when it first could be filed. Otherwise, it is permanently barred. If applicable law prohibits a one-year limitation period for asserting claims, any claim must be asserted within the shortest time period permitted by applicable law.
In the event that arbitration is found to be inapplicable or unenforceable for any reason, the claim at issue will be brought under judicial proceedings in the courts of Beirut, Lebanon and you and Lexyom consent to personal jurisdiction and exclusive venue in such courts.
- These Terms, as amended, will be effective commencing with your first use, pre-registration or registration of the Site and will remain in full force and effect throughout your use of the Site. Notwithstanding any of these Terms, Lexyom reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site, and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Site. Lexyom reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. In the event of termination of access to the Site for any reason, you have no right to obtain a copy of any data or communications you stored or effected via the Site, or any other data. You are free to terminate your use of the Site at any time. You can simply choose to stop visiting or using any aspect of the Site. If you wish to terminate your account on the Site, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com or using any other account termination functionality that may be offered through the Site.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Lexyom with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any prior version of the Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
- Questions and Contact Information. If you have any question regarding the use of the Site, please send your requests or comments about the Site or its contents to firstname.lastname@example.org.